Monday, December 13, 2010

Team Fight and My Race Plans through May 2011

I've been doing some organizing and planning on my end for what I will accomplish in 2011. I have a schedule of races planned through May right now. Also, I have joined Team Fight which is a part of the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults. I met several people from Team Fight last October when I did the relay for the Half Full Triathlon. One of my relay mates was a member of Team Fight and another friend of mine, they all spoke so highly of the organization and team spirit that I decided I wanted to join up for 2011. I like being a part of something bigger than me and giving back to help others. I will be doing some fundraising as a part of Team Fight. My goal is $1200! You can help me reach that goal, by donating ANY amount.

First up on my schedule is the Livestrong Austin Half Marathon in Austin, Texas. I wanted to get a half marathon in early in the year, despite the chances of crappy weather in my area that could hinder training. I knew that if I actually paid and put an event on the calendar I would actually get my butt out the door or on the treadmill. Of course having my coach to answer too also helps (he & I start up again in January). I will be meeting up with several twitter running friends and a friend from high school in Austin - multiple good reasons to go!

Next on my schedule is the Cherry Blossom 10 miler on April 3! This will be my first year doing the Cherry Blossom. It is a Washington DC classic! Entry is done by lottery and I found out last night that I got in! Yippee!!

My first triathlon of 2011 and for now I am calling it my "A" race is the Columbia Triathlon. It is Olympic Distance. This will be my first year for this race. It is a lake swim, and a lots of hills bike and a pretty nice run course. I am looking forward to this race. This is an official Team Fight event as well, which makes the event even better!

After May I am not sure yet what I will do. I've got some cycling events that I want to do and I am pretty sure I will throw in another triathlon or two and some more running events - nothing more than half marathon distance though in 2011 - unless another lottery bid I have in the ring comes through. Highly doubtful, but you never know.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like planning to get excited for next year! You've got a good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Team Fight, love Cherry Blossom and love the Columbia Triathlon! Good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the Austin half and the Cherry Blossom 10 miler-I've heard that is an awesome race!!! When is Austin???

    ReplyDelete