Monday, January 25, 2010

Chugging along

I am starting to feel like I am getting into a rhythm with my training/workouts. Although last week was a bit sporatic. I did do run/squat combo on Tuesday last week. Ran 1 mile at a decent pace for slow poke me, then did 50 squats, ran another mile, did 50 squats. Then I did an additonal 15 minute on the treadmill mixing steep inclines with flat sideways walking (doing both sides). I was sore for three days after this! Thanks to Shannon for posting this workout idea.

I did not get on the compu-trainer last week, but I am calling today to schedule a session. Or if the weather keeps nice I may actually get outside on the bike. Need to start getting some serious outside hill training under my belt....or the bike leg of REV 3 tri in Knoxville in May will kill me.

This past Saturday was a nice weather day. I got out and ran 4 easy miles. It was in short sleeves and capri tights. No gloves, no fleece hat over my ears. I hadn't run outside since mid-December! This was great!

Sunday morning I was up early for 8 am swim practice. 2 hours! I am starting to feel like I am getting my swim self back. I actually pushed myself a little harder on sets this week. Other weeks I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it through the entire 2 hours. I am feeling more confident now. The people (mostly other women) that are in the lane with me are very nice and several are also triathletes. I might actually find more women to ride with out of this.

My goals for the rest of this week: Get the strength training and core work in Mon (this is my light/rest day)-Wed-Fri. Run/squat combo on Tuesday. Thursday tempo run ~3 miles. Friday computrainer. Saturday 5 mile run. AND ALL WEEK WATCH WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH! I am looking at cleaner eating and keeping my calories to 1400-1600. Got some pudge to remove and it is so damn hard in your 40s!

Have a GREAT DAY!

Edited to add: I went to the core class at the fitness center after my "light" work out at lunch - mostly weights and 15 minutes of cardio warmup. Jeremy the trainer who led this class - kicked my core! I will going back to this one!

3 comments:

  1. Isnt it great to find your grove in JAN!!!! I love it too

    Stop by my blog for a present, you can hate me now or later ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same goal this week, as last week I threw caution to the wind and ate everything...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy smokes, you actually did the run squat workout?!?! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete